Tuesday, October 5, 2010

September's Gone By

I've been very lazy or maybe just busy enjoying riding my Aero. I started doing longer rides at the end of August and through September. On one ride I was at the 35 mile mark and just didn't feel like stopping. Seemed like 35 miles was getting to be a shorter ride.

I rode the Granite State Wheelmen's Seacoast Century. A very popular century that goes through three states. I hadn't done the full century for a few years now, but was in good shape and completed the entire 103 miles without feeling bad at all. After, a number of riders went over to Hoyts Lodges where John and Ann were gracious enough to let us invade their yard and have a Bar-B-Q. Rich Pinto of Bacchetta Bicycles and his wife Ann supplied the food and drink despite Rich  receiving a few insults during the day. Not from me, maybe one or two, because he didn't have a CA 2.0 Aero waiting for me at the start. He can design fantastic bicycles, but starting the grill required a little help! We had a bright, sunny day with temps in the low 80's. As the sun was setting in the West we were treated to a beautiful view of the light shining on the Isle of Shoals just off the coast in front of the lodges. Wish I had taken a picture.

Nubble Light in Maine


It did feel good to see the Van after 103 miles


Today, I went out for a lunchtime ride of approx 34 miles. It just felt good. There was a solid cloud cover of alto cumulus clouds, temperature in the upper 50's and a good wind. Felt like winter was not far away.

Exeter River on Linden Road

No comments:

Post a Comment