Saturday, May 28, 2011

Yellow Bike

I've always liked yellow bicycles. Maybe it has something to do with my first 10 speed, a yellow Schwinn Varsity.

For a few years now I have been thinking of buying a Bacchetta Giro26 ATT frameset and building it up using some spare parts I have. It seemed like it could easily switch between a good rails to trails path bike and a decent road bike, by having two sets of wheels and tires. It would work out well for trips to Acadia and other places with a mix of road and trail riding. And it happens to be yellow! Looking through the classifieds on the web I saw a Giro26 ATT for sale ..... large frame ..... and in Dover NH. I held out for a couple of weeks, but it was still there. I couldn't resist any longer, went over, saw that it was in great condition and brought it home with me.

Picture from the previous owner
 I've only had a couple of rides on it. It came with the Recurve seat which I just couldn't get use to. It was hurting my butt, so I leaned it back more, but it's wider bottom is designed for a more upright position. I have had a Euromesh seat around for awhile. I put that on and it feels much better. Reduces the weight by a pound or two also. I added a Planet Bike computer that I already had and some Crankbrother Mallet pedals which I also had. 


No comments:

Post a Comment