Saturday, November 21, 2020

Conversion to compact double

 I converted the Carbon Aero from a crankset with 3 chainrings, and a 9 speed rear cassette to a "compact double". This has 2 chainrings in the front and a 11 speed cassette (11t-32t) in the rear. I rarely used the smallest chainring with the triple. This results roughly with a range of 123 to 29 gear inches. Which should work well for my riding. I used handlebar tape for the gripping area of the handlebar instead of foam grips. It is easier to wrap tape then it is to get the grips on, so I tried this first.


I've only ridden 20 miles with the new setup, but, so far, really like it.

Components:

    Shimano Ultegra:

        Front derailleur: FD-R8000-B

        Rear derailleur  : RD-R8000-GS up to a 34T cassette

        Cassette             : CS-R8000

     Shimano Dura Ace 11speed bar end shifters: SL-BSR1

     Shimano CN-HG701-11 chain. The bike requires more than 2 chains.

 

I still have to do wrap more tape on the handlebars.






No comments:

Post a Comment