Friday, June 25, 2010

Dodging Clouds

The radar showed that there were possibly some storms in the area, but it looked ok for the moment. Headed out west on Route 27 keeping an eye on a dark cloud to the north. I couldn't tell if it was moving east or southeast towards me. I had been caught in a thunderstorm a few weeks ago and ended up under the overhang of someones garage. It was raining so hard that it was difficult to see and branches were being blown off the tress above me. So, I decided this time I'd turn around and head back. When I got back to my driveway, the sun was shining brightly and it turned out that the cloud was moving east. I didn't want to stop, and didn't want to head west into the bright setting sun, so turned east on 87 and rode a 4 mile loop through town. By the time I was on the last leg of the loop, clouds had returned blocking the sun, so I kept going west on 87 to do another short loop on Jacobs Well Road. It ended up being a fun 24 mile ride, with lots of nice views of large cumulus clouds including a rainbow over the farm fields on Jacobs Well Road.  Sometimes the rides that seem like they are a lost cause turn out to be some of the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment